Let the Festivities Begin! 10 Procedures to Brighten Your Holiday Season
As holiday decorations transition from Halloween to Christmas and Hanukah, we realize that the holiday season is just around the corner. If you want to look your best for work and social events or special photographs, here is a list of procedures that can bring out your holiday glow.
Procedures that have an immediate effect or show benefits within weeks:
1. Fillers – for deeper wrinkles or for areas where the skin has lost its youthful contour, you may choose fillers (Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm, Belotero, Radiesse, Voluma). The results are immediate. (Injectable fillers begin at $425 per 0.5cc and last anywhere from 4-12 months). For a longer-lasting solution, you may choose a more complex and sophisticated procedure in which your own fat is harvested and injected.
2. Peels — for an immediate polished, radiant, and more youthful appearance, you may wish to select from a variety of peels that can make wrinkles less noticeable, while skin discoloration can fade completely. While a single peel makes a noticeable difference, many people choose to do a series of peels (3-6) three to four weeks apart for more intense results. Give yourself about 5 days to fully recuperate. (for a series of 3, prices very from about $500 to $600)
3. Latisse — for longer, fuller, and darker eyelashes, consider the prescription serum Latisse that is applied topically once nightly to the base of your upper eyelashes. You’ll be ready to bat your fuller eyelashes within weeks. $125 (3mL)-$175 (5mL)
4. Microdermabrasion — for a quick, painless skin refresher that makes the skin smoother and can diminish skin imperfections like age spots, sun damage, blemishes, clogged pores, and fine lines, you may wish to choose a single or a series of microdermabrasion sessions. The dead outer layer of the epidermis is buffed away, leaving a healthy, youthful glow. You are immediately ready for that special event. (from $150 for a single session to $750 for a series of 6)
5. Botox — to soften smile lines around the eyes, the frown line between the brows or forehead furrows, millions of people around the world choose artfully done injections of Botox, Xeomin or Dysport. The full effects are visible in about two weeks. Most patients who use a skilled plastic surgeon for the procedure can achieve a natural look without the “frozen face” some people associate with Botox treatments. (The cost is $425 per area, lower if multiple areas are done, results last about 3-4 months)
6. A clinical facial — for healthy, radiant skin that boosts your confidence at a special event or in your daily life, consider making the clinical facial a regular part of your beauty routine. (a clinical facial for both men and women starts at $85; a series of 6 is cost-effective at $425.)
7. Dermapen — peels are often packaged with Dermapen sessions that can make a major improvement in the wrinkling around the mouth and reduce other fine lines. The Dermapen, with its micro-needles that move in and out of the skin painlessly (topical anesthetic used) at about 1,000 times per second, (numbing cream is applied in advance of the procedure to help alleviate any pain associated with it), can also help to fade scars, smooth acne pitted skin, and stimulate collagen production. Reddened skin and heightened sensitivity usually disappear within 24 hours. (One session begins at $400; a series of three offers savings at $1050.)
8. Ultherapy—for nonsurgical tightening of the facial skin, the plastic surgeon uses ultrasound to tighten the skin in as little time as a lunch hour. Ultherapy is commonly administered on the brow, neck and under the chin but can be performed anywhere there is skin laxity. Partial effects are noticeable immediately but it takes about three months for the full benefits of the procedure to emerge. With minimal swelling and redness, expect little to no downtime. (pricing for midface begins at $1600,the upper neck at $1100, for the eyes or lips at $535)
Plan ahead for the following procedures:
9. Cool Sculpting — for more sculpted thighs, diminished back fat, a slimmer abdomen, and a reduction in love handles, you may want to consider Cool Sculpting. This device delivers precisely controlled cooling to gently and effectively target and eliminate fat cells without damage to other cells and tissue. The frozen fat cells die and are sloughed off naturally over a period of 2-3 months—permanently—and you’ll find yourself fitting more comfortably into your clothes, your bathing suit, and perhaps a wedding or party dress. (starts at $750 per area treated)
10. A face lift — If you are considering a face lift, recovery time can be from two to several weeks, depending on the procedure. Start with a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and plan ahead if you are considering bringing a more youthful version of you to a special event or occasion. (costs vary depending on the procedure)
With so many options in every price range, plan now to look your best for every special occasion in the coming holiday season!