Has gravity gotten the best of your shape? Have your breasts changed overtime? Have they lost their youthful shape after pregnancy or weight loss? Is one breast larger than the other?
The Breast Lift Procedure
The breast lift procedure is appropriate for women who are happy with the size of their breasts but would like to regain a more youthful shape and appearance.
A breast lift, or mastopexy, involves redesigning the breast by removing excess skin and repositioning them to a higher, more attractive position with minimal change in the overall breast size. There are several techniques available, all of which allow wearing regular clothing without revealing surgical scars.
Breast Lift Recovery
This procedure is performed on an outpatient basis under light general anesthesia and usually takes one to three hours. After breast lift surgery, patients will likely experience some swelling for a few days. Usually the breasts will be wrapped in an elastic bandage or a surgical bra for about a week, followed by a support bra worn continuously for a month. Patients may be able to return to work within a week.
Is a Breast Lift right for you?
In order to be a good surgical candidate for a breast lift, also known as mastopexy, you will need to be in overall good health, maintain a stable weight and not be planning additional pregnancies.
Meet with our Board Certified Plastic Surgeons
Our Yale-educated, board certified top plastic surgeons, Deborah Pan, MD and Javier Davila, MD are always willing to listen to your cosmetic surgery needs during your cosmetic consultation. Breast lift pricing and options are provided when you visit our New Haven office (easy on/off from I-91). We will discuss your breast lift options privately with you, including:
- Crescent mastopexy, which is used to correct minimal sagging or asymmetric nipple height/position, and results in a small scar on the top half of the nipple.
- Periareolar mastopexy, which is also used to correct minimal sagging, and results in a small circular scar around the areola.
- Vertical mastopexy, which is used for moderate sagging, and leaves a lollipop-shaped scar around the areola and a straight line down to the breast crease.
- Wise-pattern mastopexy, which is used for significant sagging, and leaves an anchor-shaped (or inverted-T) scar on the bottom of the breast.
If you are also interested in a tummy tuck or liposuction in conjunction with a breast lift, a mommy makeover can also be discussed during this time.
The fees provided below are estimates (or ranges) for the procedures listed as each fee depends on the operating time and surgical technique. After your cosmetic consultation, you will be given an individual quote.
Please Note: The pricing below does not include tax, implants, garments or other special equipment required. Anesthesia and surgical center fees are additional. Revision or correction of prior surgery done elsewhere may carry higher associated fees on a case by case basis.
- Breast Lift:$5,500 – 6,500